Jaundice is a situation in which the patient’s face color convert to yellow. It occurs due to an excessiveness of bilirubin pigment that caused barriers in the bile duct and does an immoderate amount of breakdown of red blood cells.
How many types?
Hepatocellular jaundice: It occurs due to liver disease or injury.
Hemolytic jaundice: It occurs due to the accelerated breakdown of red blood cells which increases the production of bilirubin.
Obstructive jaundice: It occurs due to a barrier in the bile duct.
What are the symptoms?
Sometimes conditions may be found, but symptoms are not. The severity of symptoms depends on the underlying causes and how quickly or slowly the disease is developed. Signs are given below:
- Abdominal pain
- The Flu
- Change in skin color
- Dark color in the urine
- Abdominal pain
- Causes chronic hepatitis or inflammation of the liver.
- Pyoderma gangrenous
- Acute hepatitis A, B, C
- Polyarthralgias (inflammation of the joints)
If you face these symptoms and you want to consult with a Gastroenterologist through InstaCare.
How it is diagnosed?
The doctor may request to check the bilirubin level and composition of the blood through tests if he cannot find the cause.
- Bilirubin test
- It measures the amount of bilirubin in your blood. It's used to help find the cause of health conditions like jaundice, anemia, and liver disease.
- Full Blood count or complete blood count
- This test measures the level of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
- Hepatitis A, B, C test
- This test measures the range of liver infection.
- After these tests, doctors examine the formation of the liver if they face any barriers they use an imaging test, imaging tests, MRI, CT scan, Ultrasound scans. For the liver biopsy, they insert a needle into to liver to obtain a tissue sample.
Why it occur in new borne?
It is a common health issue in newborns. In newborns the sign of jaundice show within 72 hours of birth. In the body of newborns, red blood cells frequently broke which is the source of producing bilirubin in the liver of the infants. If jaundice in a newborn causes brain damages.
If your baby has the symptoms and you want to consult with the best Pediatrician in Lahore book an appointment through InstaCare.
Is there is any side effects of the treatment?
- Stomach pain
What are the natural remedies for Jaundice?
When newborns are diagnosed with jaundice doctors, recommend exposing them to sunlight.
- Sugarcane juice
It helps in strengthening the liver in its proper functioning.
- Goat Milk
Goat milk also has useful antibodies that help in curing jaundice.
- Green Grapes juice
Drinking green grapes juice control bilirubin level which controls jaundice.
It is also hypolipidemic so it helps the liver. Have in the form of ginger tea for best results.
It helps to improve immunity and brings down levels of serum bilirubin and offers protection against harmful bacteria.
If you are facing this issue and you want to consult with the best Gastroenterologist in Pakistan book an appointment through InstaCare or you can call on the helpline number: 0310 0002273