Cholesterol (Serum) Test Price and Details2 labs available
Known As: Blood Cholesterol
Last Updated On Monday, February 26, 2024
What is the Cholesterol Test?
A cholesterol complete test is also known as a lipid profile or a lipid panel. In the Cholesterol test, through a blood test, you can measure the values of triglycerides, HDL, and LDL as well. It will determine the level of fats in your body and its deposits as well. It will also show if there is a plaque buildup in your arteries or if you are at risk of atherosclerosis. Which is mainly the blockage of arteries in the heart because of fat. This test is an important indicator of CHD.
When is a Cholesterol Test performed?
According to WHO and other health organizations, everyone at 19 years of age should get this test done and after that, they need to get this test done after every 5 years. If you have a CHD or any metabolic syndromes then this test is a must-do every 3 months or as your doctor prescribes.
Here are the conditions when you need to get your lipid
- If you have any family history of heart disease or high
- People with a sedentary life style.
- Unhealthy Eating Routine
- Chain Smokers
- People who already have cholesterol issues.
What does a Cholesterol Test detect?
Here are the things that your Cholesterol Test Detects.
- Low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. This is also
known as the bad type of cholesterol and if this one exceeds, it will cause
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. This one is
referred to as good cholesterol.
They will indicate your overall health and tell you if you have any major health issue.
What are the benefits of this test?
You will get a heads-up about your health. For instance, if your values are on borderline, you will not need medication but you can treat and prevent worse situations from happening by changing your eating patterns.
When should I know the results of the Cholesterol Test?
You can get your test results in a few hours or maybe in a day.
Cholesterol Test Results range?
1- This is what the following levels of triglycerides
- If they are Below 150 mg/dL then
they are Desirable.
- If they are in between 150-199 mg/dL then they are
- If they are in between 200-499 mg/dL then they are High.
- If they are in between 500 mg/dL then they are Very high.
2- This is what the following levels of HDL represents.
- For men it is poor if it is below 40 mg/dL. For women it is
poor if it is 50 mg/dL.
- For men it is better if it is between 40-59 mg/dL. For women
it is better if it is between 50-59 mg/dL.
- It is best if it is 60 mg/dL.
3- Cholesterol ranges are as follows.
- It should be about 200 mg/dL. This is the normal value.
- If it is 240 mg/dL or above then this is very high value.
4- LDL ranges are as follows.
- If the values are 190 mg/dL and above then the risk of
diseases is much higher.
- At 160-189 mg/dL, there is a risk of CHD.
- Optimal values of LDL are somewhere between 100 to 129
Frequently Asked Questions
I have used this website to avail online consultation two times. They have user-friendly portal, and the best support team.
I used this portal to consult with doctor for telemedicine. I love the idea of InstaCare to digitalize health care services.
It is an excellent platform and easy to use. The fastest way to book appointment and keep track of my medical health records.
Wonderful and amazing website. Why did I not come to know about it earlier? Found it awesome, and helpful.