Beta hCG Test Price and Details19 labs available
Known As: Total beta hCG,Quantitative hCG,Qualitative hCG,hCG Pregnancy
Last Updated On Thursday, March 30, 2023
What is the Beta-hcg Test?
The full form for HCG is Human chorionic gonadotropin. Mainly an HCG test is used to detect if a female is pregnant or not from a blood sample. It is basically a hormone used for the maternal recognition of pregnancy which is produced by trophoblast cells that are surrounding a growing embryo. This comes from the placenta once the process of implantation is completed after morula formation.
If you are in doubt or if you have missed your period then you can get this test done to know about your pregnancy. This test is very fast and even tells if you are pregnant or not before your period date comes and you miss them. It is a very convenient test an you only have to give a sample of blood for it.
When is a beta-hcg Test performed?
If you have these following symptoms then you need to perform a beta hcg test.
- Swollen breasts
- Tender breasts
- Fatigue that is unbearable.
- Frequent need to urinate
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling bloated or swollen in your abdomen.
- The best time to get this test done is 10 days after conception.
Mainly you get this test done if you feel like you have missed your period. But people don’t prefer this test because it is a little expensive and they prefer urine test instead.
What does a beta-hcg Test detect?
Mainly an HCG test is used to detect if a female is pregnant or not from a blood sample.
Here is what an HCG can detect.
- Choriocarcinoma of the uterus
- Hydatidiform mole of the uterus
- Ovarian cancer
- Testicular cancer
During pregnancy the following things can be detected based on the gestational age.
- Fetal death
- Incomplete miscarriage
- Threatened spontaneous abortion
- Ectopic pregnancy
What are the benefits of this test?
If you have been trying to get pregnant then you can get this test done to know if you were successful in conceiving or not.
When should I know the results of this Test?
You will get the test results within a day. If you provide the lab with your number then you will get a message when your test results are ready. Or in some places, you will get a message on your phone when your results are ready. You can now view your results on phone. Isn’t that so convenient.
Beta HCG Test Results range?
The normal ranges are:
- Non-pregnant women: less than 5 mIU/mL
- Healthy female or male: less than 2 mIU/mL
In pregnancy the HCG level rises more than usual and here are normal ranges for HCG during pregnancy.
- 3 weeks: 5 - 72 mIU/mL
- 4 weeks: 10 -708 mIU/mL
- 5 weeks: 217 - 8,245 mIU/mL
- 6 weeks: 152 - 32,177 mIU/mL
- 7 weeks: 4,059 - 153,767 mIU/mL
- 8 weeks: 31,366 - 149,094 mIU/mL
- 9 weeks: 59,109 - 135,901 mIU/mL
- 10 weeks: 44,186 - 170,409 mIU/mL
- 12 weeks: 27,107 - 201,165 mIU/mL
- 14 weeks: 24,302 - 93,646 mIU/mL
- 15 weeks: 12,540 - 69,747 mIU/mL
- 16 weeks: 8,904 - 55,332 mIU/mL
- 17 weeks: 8,240 - 51,793 mIU/mL
- 18 weeks: 9,649 - 55,271 mIU/mL
Frequently Asked Questions
View Test Prices In Other Cities
Courteous staff and good quality services... I always prefer to book through InstaCare because of their economical rates.
I book my appointment with Dr. Sadia and after my consultation with her. I booked my lab test through InstaCare home sampling service. They are quick and best.
Instacare offers best prices for lab tests and they are offering one stop shop for all medical related issues. Their CSR is too good and helping.