Dr. Essa Laboratory and Diagnostic Centre Complete Blood Count (CBC) (Blood Test) Test Price and Details
Last Updated On Friday, February 23, 2024
Complete Blood Count (CBC) (Blood Test) at Dr. Essa Laboratory and Diagnostic Centre
Known as: CBC, Blood For Analysis, Blood CP, Blood Complete Picture, Blood Routine Examination,Blood C/E Complete
What is the Complete Blood Count (CBC) Test?
The CBC test in Pakistan is a commonly ordered blood test in Pakistan. This test provides important information about a person's overall health by measuring different components of their blood, including red and white blood cells, haemoglobin, and platelets. A CBC or Complete Blood Count is a test that evaluates various health factors. It is not only a primary health indicator but also indicates different types of abnormalities like Leukemia, Infections, various deficiencies, and anemia. Generally, it shows the ranges of various blood components that gives an overview of health. CBC is also one of the most common tests. A health care worker will ask you to fold up your sleeves to a point when your elbow is naked. Then at the bend of the elbow, a blood sample will be taken followed by a patch of band aid at the site where the needle was injected.
When is a CBC Performed?
CBC is an overall indicator of health. Following are times when it is performed.
- It is performed after every two days or even daily when someone has dengue to check the platelets count.
- It is used to check for infection.
- If you have been feeling weak, lethargic, or dizzy, then your physician might suggest a CBC.
- If there is evident Inflammation, bruising, or bleeding, then get a CBC test done.
- With liver-function-test, doctors also suggest a CBC.
- A CBC is also recommended before an Endoscopy.
- CBC test is suggested alongside the following tests:
What Does a CBC Detect?
The followings are the list of things that a CBC measures normally.
- Low platelets Count
- Cause of a recurring infection
If there is a formal test, then other things will also be checked, but these things are detected in a standard test in all labs.
When Should I know the Results of the Test?
You can get results of a CBC test within a couple of hours. If the lab from where you got your test done sends off its sample to some other facility then it might take a day. You will receive a text message or an email that your results are ready.
Complete Blood Count (CBC) Test Results Range?
Here are the normal ranges of CBC test.
1.Red blood cell count
a.For Males: 4.35-5.65 trillion cells/L
b.For Females: 3.92-5.13 trillion cells/L
a.For Males: 13.2-16.6 grams/dL or 132-166 grams/L
b.For Females: 11.6-15 grams/dL or 116-150 grams/L
a.For Males: 38.3-48.6 percent
b.For Females: 35.5-44.9 percent
4.White blood cell count
For both males and females, it is 3.4-9.6 billion cells/L or 3,400 to 9,600 cells/mcL.
a.For Males: 135-317 billion/L or 135,000 to 317,000/mcL
b.For Females: 157-371 billion/L or 157,000 to 371,000/mcL
What are the Benefits of this Test?
There are multiple benefits of a CBC test some of them are as follows.
- You will get to know if all of your blood components are in the normal range or not.
- It will give you an idea if you have any deficiencies or toxicities.
- When you get an overview of what the problem is and where the problem lies, you will handle it easily.
- If there is an infection that has not yet shown its signs and symptoms, you will be able to catch it early if you regularly get your CBC test done.