Chughtai Lab CT Chest High Resolution (HRCT Chest) Test Price and Details
Last Updated On Friday, February 23, 2024
CT Chest High Resolution (HRCT Chest) at Chughtai Lab
What is the HRCT Chest?
With extremely high resolution, computed tomography, is known has HRCT. One of the main purposes of this test is to diagnose heart issues. Special computed tomography tools and techniques are used to access the Lung Parenchyma that is used to diagnose certain Lung diseases. The reason why HRCT is suggested is because it is conclusive and clear.
A conventional CT scanner is used to perform the HRCT test.
But imaging parameters are chosen so that spatial resolution can be maximized:
- Usually, a narrow slice width of 1–2 mm is used.
- The reconstruction algorithm used is a high spatial
- To minimize the size of each pixel, field of view is
- Focal spot is a factor that can be optimized for resolution
at the expense of scan speed.
IV agents are not suggested and used for HRCT and the main reason for that is because lungs have high contrast and this technique can be used for the assessment of soft tissues and blood vessels. Because these are the major targets of contrast agents.
When is HRCT performed?
If you have the following conditions, then this test will be
- Lymphangitis carcinomatosa
- Fungal, or other atypical, infections
- Chronic pulmonary vascular disease
What does an HRCT detect?
Followings are the diseases for which HRCT can be used:
- An Interstitial lung disease like pulmonary fibrosis
- An Interstitial pneumonitis and other generalized lung
diseases such as emphysema.
- HRCT can also be used to identify pulmonary fibrosis.
- But HRCT cannot further categorize the fibrosis to a
specific pathological type. The major exception can be usual interstitial
pneumonitis (UIP) that has very characteristic features, and may be confidently
diagnosed on HRCT alone.
- In cases when HRCT can not conclude a definitive diagnosis,
it will help to locate an abnormality. The situation can lead towards planning
a biopsy that will then provide the final diagnosis.
- People who have gone through organ transplants, especially
the ones with Lung or heart transplant are very high risk of developing
pulmonary complications. The main and major complication is bronchiolitis
obliterans which and it can be diagnosed by HRCT quite accurately.
What are the benefits of this test?
The main benefits of this test are in the field of medicine as it helps to diagnose a lot of lungs related situations. It cant be said that you can get this test done from anywhere but there are many major places that will be offering this test.
When should I know the results of this Test?
If you want to know, when will you get the report of the test then you need to keep one thing in mind that all the places that offer tests have different time when they compile specific reports. The timing will be different at all the places. The minimum time in which you can get your reports is a few hours but it can take up to a day.
Test Results range?
The test range or results can’t be predicted as only
experienced doctors can tell what the results say.
Frequently Asked Questions