Chughtai Lab CT Angiography Neck and Brain Test Price and Details
Last Updated On Monday, March 4, 2024
CT Angiography Neck and Brain at Chughtai Lab
What is the CT Angiography Neck and Brain?
It is also known as CTA neck or CTA brain. CT stands for computed tomography. The angiography combines a CT scan with the injection of a dye. The main purpose of this test is to create different pictures of various blood vessels in brain and neck area.
When is it performed?
Sometimes CTA head and neck is performed when;
- Doctors need to check the blood vessels in neck after
- It is a must do before carotid artery surgery.
- It is a must do before brain tumor surgery.
- If there is suspicion of vasculitis
- If there is suspicion of abnormal blood vessels in the
What does a CTA Neck and Brain detect?
The CTA neck and Brain can be used to detect the following
- Changes in thinking
- Changes in behavioral pattern
- Not being able to pronounce words properly
- Double vision
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss but a very rare thing
- Numbness or tingling, most often on the face or scalp
- Swallowing problems
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Weakness in one part of your body
What are the risks of this test?
Followings are the risks of this test.
- Being exposed to radiation
- Allergic reaction to the contrast dye
- Damage to the kidneys from the dye
- Most of the times, x-rays are used and it can cause an
alleviation in the cancer if you already have any. Various modern techniques
are used to avoid these problems.
- There are many people who are allergic to contrast
materials. The most common type of contrast given into a vein contains iodine.
If you have an iodine allergy, you may have nausea or vomiting, sneezing, itching,
or hives if you get this type of contrast.
- You will be given antihistamines or steroids before the
test. This is done to avoid different types of allergies.
- Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening problem caused by dyes.
When should I know the results of this Test?
If you want to know when will you get the report of the test then you need to keep one thing in mind that all the places that offer tests have different time when they compile specific reports. The timing will be different at all the places. The minimum time in which you can get your reports is a few hours but it can take up to a day.
CT Angiography Neck and Brain Test Results range?
The conclusive tests have 2 results.
If the tests are normal then it means that no problems were seen.
The abnormal results could lead to the following
- Abnormal blood vessels that is arteriovenous malformation.
- It can be a bleeding in the brain like subdural hematoma.
- Brain tumor or other growth of abnormal mass.
- Narrowed or blocked carotid arteries.
- Narrowed or blocked vertebral artery in the neck.
- A tear in the wall of an artery.
- It can be Aneurysm that is characterized by any weak area in
the wall of a blood vessel that causes the blood vessel to bulge.
Frequently Asked Questions