Chughtai Lab Renal Function Tests Test Price and Details
Last Updated On Friday, March 24, 2023
Renal Function Tests at Chughtai Lab
Known as: RFT,Renal Panel
What is the Renal Function Test?
Kidney health is very important for our overall health and even slightest changes in it can cause major problems. RFT is a major test that is used to determine the overall kidney health. RFT is a renal function test that can be done from a simple blood sample to analyze the health of yourkidney.
When is a Renal Function Test performed?
People who show any signs and symptoms of kidney or some imbalance then your doctor will suggest that you should get an RFT. Some people who have the following conditions, are prescribed to get this test done.
- People who are suffering with high blood pressure
- People who go through pain during urination.
- People who are diabetic and undergoing a treatment.
- This test can either be performed on someone who has kidney diseases or going through a problem or if any one is experiencing symptoms of kidney disorders. It will help you to keep a track on your improvements.
- People who are dealing with some kind of comorbidities should also get their RFT tests every now and then to see if their kidney health is in check or not.
- This test is also done as a follow up test to patients who have recovered a kidney disease to rule out the probability if they are getting kidney disease back.
What does a Renal Function Test detect?
Renal function test detects a lot of things. Like:
- The Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) is checked.
- Serum Creatinine is checked.
- If the level of Blood Urea Nitrogen BUN and Urea has increases then it will indicate kidney problems.
- If in your RFT, the albumins have increased then it means that you have a damaged kidney.
- Your sodium and potassium levels are also tested.
- GF rate is measured in the RFT.
What are the benefits of this test?
One of the major benefits of this test is that this test is not only done when your doctor is in doubt that you have a kidney problem but it is also done when you are dealing with comorbidities and you are not sure if your medicines have any side effects or not. Some medications leave side effects so you need to get a Renal Function Test to know if you are all okay or not. It indicated your basic kidney health.
When should I know the results of this Test?
The time when you get the results depends on where you get your test done. It can be anywhere from a few hours to a day. But most probably the reports are compiled within 8 hours. These days, you can also have a look at your test results online.
Test Results range?
It will take 8 hours before you get your results. If you get your test done early in the morning then you will get the results in evening. If your result of the test is more or less than the Renal Function Test normal values, you must consider consulting a doctor immediately.
The range of the renal function test is around 7 to 20 mg/dL (2.5 to 7.1 mmol/L). Normal ranges may vary, depending on the reference range used by the lab, and your age.
Frequently Asked Questions
View Test Prices In Other Cities
Chughtai Lab in Other Cities
Courteous staff and good quality services... I always prefer to book through InstaCare because of their economical rates.
I book my appointment with Dr. Sadia and after my consultation with her. I booked my lab test through InstaCare home sampling service. They are quick and best.
Instacare offers best prices for lab tests and they are offering one stop shop for all medical related issues. Their CSR is too good and helping.